Sunday, May 31, 2015

French Open: Someone Will Beat my Nine-Title Record, Says Rafael Nadal



Rafael Nadal French Open hand

I am from this planet, I think: Rafa Nadal

© AFP




Paris: Rafael Nadal believes his record of nine French Open titles can be beaten, even if fellow Roland Garros legend Gustavo Kuerten believes it may take an extra-terrestial to do it.


“Nine in ten years. I’m sure it will never happen again. It’s impossible,” said triple champion Kuerten.


“Rafa…he’s not from this world.”


But Nadal, who stayed on course for a 10th title on Saturday when he swept into the fourth round, insists that his record is far from secure.


“First of all, I am from this planet, I think,” smiled Nadal.


“Second thing, thanks to Guga for the words. Third thing, it’s true that it is probably a tough record to beat. But at the same time, I tell you one thing: If I did it, somebody else can do it.”


No comments:

Post a Comment